Web Support Developer/Designer
We’re looking for a well-rounded web developer/designer to join the award-winning ND Web team in managing and developing the University’s most important websites. Every day you’ll be collaborating with our team of web professionals to maintain beautiful, usable websites for the Notre Dame community. This is a full time, on-campus position in South Bend, IN.
This position provides support and updates for the 600 websites maintained by the Marketing Communications web team. This individual would balance web design and technical aptitudes with a people-first, customer service mindset. Daily responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing and responding to customer support requests
- Design and development updates, edits, and changes to existing websites
- Design and development of websites and email communications
- Consulting campus customers with answers to questions
- Training campus customers in the basics of Conductor, our campus CMS
- Design and development of other digital communications (email templates, social, etc)
This is an outstanding opportunity for an entry-level web professional eager to explore and grow in all aspects of web design, development, and strategy.
- 1+ years of web development experience
- 1+ years of web design experience
- Customer service aptitude or experience
- A high level of organization and communication skills
- Well-rounded web communications professional, understanding the intersections of content strategy, quality design & development, analytics, user experience, branding, etc.
- Desire to learn, grow, and develop
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Team player
- Multitasker - ability to tackle a variety of tasks and priorities in one day
- Passionate about delivering great customer experiences
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Continued technical education (conferences, learning materials, etc)
- Family friendly, flexible schedule and paid time-off
- The equipment you need to be productive (Top of the line laptop, extra displays, height adjustable desk, etc.)
- Lunchtime Mario Kart with the best bunch of creatives in higher ed.
About Marketing Communications at ND
Marketing Communications at Notre Dame functions like an agency within the University. Our web, print, photography, and video professionals work collaboratively to create marketing materials for Notre Dame colleges & schools, departments, and administrative units. In addition, we oversee the University’s top-level sites (such as nd.edu) and are the keepers of the Notre Dame brand standards.
The web team is a small, cohesive group, and our open-concept working environment can be fast paced. We work normal hours, communicate over Slack and Twitter, and enjoy Friday morning Starbucks runs.
Additional information regarding working at Notre Dame:
- 2018 Benefit's Summary [PDF]
- Vacation Policy
- Available fitness facilities
- Retirement program includes 10% matching
- Educational benefits
This job posting has expired.
The University of Notre Dame, an international Catholic research university, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact email@example.com.